Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

FX browser won`t open after switching window screensets Issue Tools
issueid=3554 08-26-2011 10:40 PM
Human being with feelings
FX browser won`t open after switching window screensets
Two window screensets, one with docked and the other with floating FX browser. After opening and closing floating FX browser and then loading the other screenset FX browser fails to open.

Version:

How to reproduce:
1. Make one window screenset where the FX browser is docked (close FX browser before saving screenset)
2. Make second window screenset where the FX browser is floating (close FX browser before saving screenset)
3. Load the screenset with floating FX browser
4. Open the FX browser (I have a toolbar button, but shift+E also does˙t work) and then close it
5. Load the screenset where the FX browser is docked
6. Try to open FX broswer. It doesn`t work.

Workaround:
Load the screenset where the FX browser is docked twice in a row. Or dock the FX browser in both screensets, then it will work without loading screenset two times.

Discussion topic:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=958180

Thank you.
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 2
Affected Version 4.01
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 4
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-04-2012 11:14 AM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Thanks for the report, can't reproduce that anymore, closing it as "fixed" until someone objects. :)
04-11-2012 05:47 AM

I`ve tried it now with the latest pre (4.23pre1) - both x32 and x64 on win 7.
I can still reproduce
04-12-2012 03:48 PM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

OK but this needs investigation, can you repost this in the forums for further investigation, please? Thanks! Also some info about your graphics hardware and whether or not the same happens with a factory-fresh REAPER (do a backup of your resource folder before resetting REAPER via the Start Menu) would be helpful.
05-06-2012 04:21 PM

Sorry for the delay. I created a topic and provided an information you requested.

I also edited a description on how to reproduce because it seems I haven`t been too clear about it.
FX browsers in both screensets have to be CLOSED prior to saving them. So when you load screensets you won`t immediately see FX browser. Did you tried to reproduce it that way?

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue