Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Dynamic Group-split feature Issue Tools
issueid=3836 12-26-2011 05:05 AM
Human being with feelings
Dynamic Group-split feature

Hi there,
I donīt know if there is any hidden feature to do that:

I often have to cut multiple mic setup recordings as I am a sample library producer.
To describe the feature I wish to see implemented I will use an example:

When I record single Violin strokes in an acoustically perfect enviroment I record 5 sources:
One piezo pickup on the instrument itself, two stereo mics for the natural sound and two mics for the ambience.
It would speed up the cutting process a lot to have the possibility to define the piezo source as "split master" and the other tracks as "split slave" within a group.
Now you can easily dynamic-split the piezo source (due to its clear transients) and all the other slave-set tracks get split at exactly the same position.
The point is not to have to split the piezo track manually to cut all tracks at the same position but to use that great dynamic split feature to cut all tracks automatically at the right positions.
you see?

I think, in case this hasnīt implemented yet it would complete that really cool dynamic split concept.
Even drum tracks would benefit from such a feature...think of cutting snare tracks together with noisy OHs AUTOMATICALLY and quantizing it afterwards...cool!

regards,
Joesi
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 3
Suggested Version 4.14
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 3
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-28-2011 01:52 AM

You can do this already if I'm not mistaken.

Group your items (select them all, and click 'g'), then select the track you want as your split master and right click->item processing->dynamic split. There's a tick box that says 'Split grouped items...'
12-28-2011 11:53 AM

Oh, didnīt know that one. Iīll try it immediately!
thanks in advance!
12-28-2011 01:38 PM

There is also a long standing elevated FR for edit groups:

http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=843
12-28-2011 02:47 PM

Vote for this too, basically covers what you're asking for here as the functionality in Reaper is currently broken :(

http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=2989
12-28-2011 02:48 PM

Thanks for the link, Jas, although this wouldnīt help me either in case this wasnīt implemented. Just an info, that somebody else think thatīd be a good idea.

Thanks to moliere, I found this feature. It was there - all the time right in front of my eyes. Weird thing: I was looking for it in that split window before.
That makes Reaper even more the coolest DAW in the world. I tried the lot.

Thanks to all of you!

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue