Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Automatically added all-notes-off at end of MIDI item: please make it *optional* behaviour Issue Tools
issueid=4502 11-28-2012 02:53 PM
Human being with feelings
Automatically added all-notes-off at end of MIDI item: please make it *optional* behaviour
Users may not want to have all-notes-off commands at the end of every MIDI item at all

Currently REAPER automatically adds an 'all-notes-off' command at the end of every MIDI item. While that may be very helpful in some cases, it is the exact opposite in others. So please make this behaviour optional.

Discussion thread here.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category MIDI recording and playback
Status Suggested
Priority 3
Suggested Version 4.30
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 11
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-06-2012 05:45 AM

It just needs to be renamed for less confusion. It's just REAPER's internal way of marking the item/loop-end.
12-06-2012 03:44 PM

Renaming it to something less misleading and more descriptive such as "item/loop end" would probably be the best then, indeed.

(Fwiw: I have no desire to have all-notes-off commands automatically; whenever I want all-notes-off commands, I can add them myself. I phrased the FR in terms of "adding an option" merely because I do not want to affect the options of other users with possibly quite different preferences.)

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue