Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Undo points not created for multiple simultaneous parameter changes Issue Tools
issueid=4917 09-05-2013 02:37 AM
Human being with feelings
Undo points not created for multiple simultaneous parameter changes
Some plugins have controls which manipulate more than one plugin parameter at once. REAPER doesn't create undo points when such controls are used.

Manipulating the graphical nodes on some ToneBoosters plugins (TB_FlX, TB_Isone, TB_Equalizer, TB_OmniSone, TB_EZQ) doesn't set FX parameter change undo points. Note that only TB_EZQ and TB_OmniSone are free.

Similarly, changing presets on Valhalla-Room, Valhalla UberMod and Valhalla Vintage Verb using their built-in preset system doesn't set undo points.

What these operations have in common is that a control on the plugin GUI manipulates the value of several parameters at once. REAPER obviously sees the parameter changes but no undo point is created.

This is not a new problem. I have tested with various versions of REAPER 4.x and the final release of REAPER 3.x on Windows7 32bit.

Please look into this as soon as possible!

Discussion thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=127947
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Not a Reaper Bug
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 4.52
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 2
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-05-2013 06:52 AM
Administrator

I'm inclined to say these are plug-in specific bugs, they aren't sending the proper notiications...
09-05-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
I'm inclined to say these are plug-in specific bugs, they aren't sending the proper notiications...
Thanks for looking. I've been in touch with Jeroen at ToneBoosters and he thinks his plugins are behaving as they should. Sean at ValhallaDSP didn't respond but it was a while ago and he may just have missed the email. What notifications aren't being sent?

Quote:
Hi Phil,

Thanks for letting me know. Yes, the 2-parameter modification could be
the reason, now that you mention it... It would be great if you could
raise this with the devs; if there is anything I can change in the
plugins to improve the compatibility with Reaper, I'd gladly know
about that...

Cheers,
Jeroen
09-06-2013 02:26 AM

I'm not familiar with the VST spec. If you could tell me in what way the plugins are failing, I'll pass that info to the developers and hopefully they will be able to solve the problem.
09-13-2013 11:01 AM
Administrator

Investigating more, the changes in 4.53 seem to affect this, so maybe there's something we can do!
09-13-2013 11:11 AM
Administrator

OK here's a bug with TB_EZQ: it sends constantly audioMasterBeginEdit/audioMasterAutomate/audioMasterEndEdit during mouse dragging, which causes a flood of undo points in 4.53, and prevents properly recording automation. This is something it could fix -- 4.52 effectively just ignores this (which also is no good).

ValhallaRoom needs to send either an audioMasterAutomate or audioMasterEndEdit or something in order to trigger an undo point as well.
09-13-2013 02:48 PM

Thanks Justin! I'll pass that on to the plugin devs. :)
09-13-2013 03:09 PM

Thanks Justin! And thanks IXix for letting me know about this. I've heard about similar issues in other DAWs, so this might help me resolve a lot of different issues.

Sean Costello

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue