Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Automation snap to grid on inserting Issue Tools
issueid=20 06-13-2009 07:08 AM
Human being with feelings
Automation snap to grid on inserting

When snap to grid is ON and I do SHIFT+click the inserted point is not snapped to grid. Thus there should be some ALT+SHIFT+click or CTRL+SHIFT+click or something else to make point snap to grid once it inserted.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 3.03
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 7
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-13-2009 07:30 AM

This is actually quite easy, though not immediately apparent.

If you create automation points with SHIFT+clicking on the envelope graph, after creating the point, hold on to the left mouse button and let go of the SHIFT key. It will now snap.
06-13-2009 07:54 AM

Well, I tried, it really do not snap points that way every time :(
06-13-2009 07:59 AM

With these Grid settings, I have had no problem doing this so far.

SHIFT+Left-click on envelope graph, hold left mouse button and let go of SHIFT, move the mouse until the new envelope point snaps, let go of left mouse button.

06-13-2009 08:03 AM

Ha, the key for it is move the mouse until the new envelope point snaps :)
In any case, there should be definitely shortcut for quick, 100% sure point snapping like Ctrl+SHIFT+Click
06-13-2009 08:41 AM

+100 again! :))))
For people who often use automation a lot by hand (like me), it is very unsuitable to do
1) shift+ckick
2) release shift
3) move mouse
each time you wanna simply add snapped point
06-13-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan.Krutilkin
+100 again! :))))
For people who often use automation a lot by hand (like me), it is very unsuitable to do
1) shift+ckick
2) release shift
3) move mouse
each time you wanna simply add snapped point
swap the behaviour. Make the shift be the segment move and regular click be the add node. it is in prefs.

.t
06-13-2009 10:23 AM

Tallisman, I've checked it and might say that it is very difficult way. Because you want to add point few times, but move points almost every time. And Every time you want to move point(s) you have to press SHIFT? o_O That is not fair!
06-13-2009 10:44 AM

+1 again.
Note to Reaper developers of look'n'feel and ergonomics, that is not a good idea to make users press mouse and keyboard keys at once for often used operations just like `move envelope point`
06-13-2009 12:09 PM

Snag. :)
06-13-2009 12:36 PM

Not at all :) If reaper developers think that it is so logically when you add an envelope point in snapped mode and point is not getting snapped o_O (SHIFT+click), than there should be necessarily shortcut like CTRL+SHIFT+click to add 100% sure snapped point.

No snags here :)
06-14-2009 02:45 PM

I just got it! When you are in snap mode and press Shift when moving point than it moves without snapping. That's why it is not been snapped when you do Shift+click - reaper inserts point and immediately thinks that user want to move point in non snap mode :(((((((((((((

That should be changed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue