Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Please map Tranzport footswitch to record. Issue Tools
issueid=1315 10-08-2009 01:37 PM
Human being with feelings
Please map Tranzport footswitch to record.
I need to punch record with a foot switch.

I need to punch recording of an armed track in and out with my foot switch through Tranzport. Other than this missing feature I'm ready to switch, but will have to stick with Sonar until this is possible. Thanks!
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Suggested
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version 3.12
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 0
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-08-2009 01:58 PM

You can do it already, with any pedal you might have connected to your MIDI keyboard.

You should have posted this to FR section of the forum FIRST.
10-09-2009 10:32 AM

I did post first and you can't. The Tranzport is hardwired in function to Reaper with nothing mapped to the foot switch. You can't assign an action to it at all at this time.
10-09-2009 11:10 AM

Yes you can.

Open the Action window, enter "Transport Record" in search, and it will show the action for Recording. Select it. Then click below on Add... to add a shortcut. Then press a footswitch you want.

This will assign a footswitch that's connected to your MIDI controller to turn on recording. Note that you'll still have to stop recording with keyboard (unless you add a footswitch only for stopping recording).

Make sure your MIDI input device (in Properties) is set to MIDI+Control mode.
10-09-2009 12:00 PM
-blänk-

I assume the OP has applied his Tranzport as a control surface, so actions are not the answer. Someone would have to implement that in the csurf.dll for Tranzport.
10-09-2009 12:07 PM

Huh, I'm confused now.

I thought OP misspelled the Transport bar on Reaper GUI. What is Tranzport? :P
10-09-2009 01:50 PM

Tranzport is a wireless controller, you can google it if you like. And yeah, I tried to go through the actions and when you get to the point where you hit the foot switch to tell it where to map, nothing happens.

Are you guys saying if I had one of those little keyboards with knobs all over it, I could map that to work? Do any of em have foot switch jacks?
10-09-2009 02:02 PM

It seems that Tranzport doesn't send MIDI CC data, that's why it can't be used yet.

If you bought a cheap Korg nanopad, one of its modes is sending out MIDI CC data, you can use it as a transport. And a whole lot of other things.

But I guess you don't want to get rid of your Tranzport because it's wireless :)
10-11-2009 03:56 PM

Well yes, wireless is very cool! :)
10-11-2009 04:15 PM

Fwiw I use a Wiimote and GlovePIE as my wireless (Bluetooth) controller. You can set up the buttons/accelerometers to do all kinds of weird and wonderful things. I find it perfect for doing session recordings when my studio assistant (aka girlfriend) isn’t there. :)

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue