Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Sub FX Chain or Sub FX Module Issue Tools
issueid=545 07-12-2009 11:56 PM
Human being with feelings
Sub FX Chain or Sub FX Module
FX chain that can be added as a plugin type

Lets say I want a plugin called "Tape Compression". I would create a "sub-fx chain" with a compressor and an impulse of a tape machine. This would be saved as a sub-fx. I could then select this sub fx and insert it just like a plugin. So complex chains would only take up 1 plugin slot. And could easily be moved up and down in the whole plugin chain: Almost in a way, you can create your own "plugin". Say I wanted a saturating eq, Load up ReaEQ and a saturation plugin, Call it "sateq".

Whenever I wanted to use it, just pop it in! Easy!

See photo:

http://shup.com/Shup/185753/subfxchain.JPG

~Rob.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version 3.05
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 11
Users who would not use this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-13-2009 12:16 AM

like fx folders. would be great.

the logical extension is to be able to expose a few parameters (possibly linked?) from the fx inside the folder to the top level folder. so you could have a monster delay/distortion/compress plugin folder and control the delay time and feedback from the top level.
07-13-2009 02:04 AM

Wooo! Takin' it one step further! I like!
07-13-2009 02:37 AM

collapsible list like?

07-13-2009 04:31 AM

What I like too, would be that you could move the whole inserted "sub fx" up or down in the structure, no need to move all the plug ins in the fx chain separately, as it is now. Build your own modules. Like your reverb module would have reaeq in it, to cut the highs. So whenever you insert your reverb/eq module, you have it set with an eq too :)
07-13-2009 08:47 AM

I vote yes.

btw- I think that a modular view (switchable view mode) in the FX window would be the best, this way you could link your plugins freely in parallel or serial very easily.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue