Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

CPU Info added to the Menu Bar Issue Tools
issueid=203 06-19-2009 09:15 PM
Human being with feelings
CPU Info added to the Menu Bar
The performance window is big and clunky at it's smallest, I want the CPU info in the Menu Bar

The Performance Window is great for information and I have it full size as one of my screensets, but to keep an eye on the overall cpu in any screenset, I've been using this trick near the toolbar...this is as small as you can resize the window:

I'd much prefer instead to have the CPU info in the menu bar at all times, there's lots of room still there, and frankly that's more important to me than the other info such as last action and disc space...Ableton Live has had this for ages and it's a great use of the space there. No clunky extra windows needed just for a simple overall cpu readout.

Please support this, it sounds a trivial thing to add, but will let me ditch the Performance Window from my screensets finally, and use the extra space for tool icons instead. :)
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 3.04
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 14
No votes 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-20-2009 02:08 AM

I voted no for this feature, because I think the menu bar isn't the correct place to show information like this.

Consider this alternative :

http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=191
06-20-2009 02:33 AM

Either way would suit me, whatever's first... :D
06-20-2009 07:54 AM

I agree with this wholeheartedly. This might also serve to make new users more aware of the significance of CPU overhead. It might even be a good idea that clicking on CPU information on the tool bar acted as a shortcut to the performance meter window, in the same way that clicking on the soundcard info. opens the audio setting dialog.

*I*

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue