Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

"Online render" wrong speed/rate display at beginning of render Issue Tools
issueid=40 06-13-2009 01:48 PM
Human being with feelings
"Online render" wrong speed/rate display at beginning of render

If you start an 'Online render', Reaper always shows "0.9x realtime" or sometimes even "0.8x realtime" at the beginning of the render. After some seconds it finally reaches "1.0x realtime" rate.

This can be reproduced even with a project containing just one track with an audio file. The rendered output seems to be fine so this just looks like a display issue.

Still it would be nice to have this fixed as I'm always unsure of the result this way.

A display of "0.9x realtime" implies "machine too slow" for "1.0x realtime" render!
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Confirmed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version 3.02
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-13-2009 02:30 PM

Does the rendered file sound different in some way? Is there any clicks, pops and/or artifacts in the rendered file? If it does sound exactly as your project then it's not a bug but a niptick because Reaper is doing its job properly but not "showing" it correctly.
06-13-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro
Reaper is doing its job properly but not "showing" it correctly.
And if it's not "showing" it correctly I call it a BUG.
06-13-2009 05:09 PM

Hi,

with certain plug ins in the song [guitar rig 2 and a couple of others} my render speed shows 0.8 or lower AND the resulting render has dbl triggered notes coming out of my BFD2 vsti and sounds lousy, removing the offending plug fixes the resulting re-render but I still see 0.x speeds at both offline modes esp at the beginning of the render process.

Hope thats comprehend able,

Guido
02-22-2016 04:20 PM

Happens with the 1x Offline renders too (5.20pre8).

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue