Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

MIDI export: tempos don't export unless there's at least 2 Issue Tools
issueid=5392 10-16-2014 04:37 PM
Human being with feelings
MIDI export: tempos don't export unless there's at least 2
When exporting a project to MIDI, when "Embed tempo map" is checked, the tempo map will not be embedded if there is only one tempo event.

I'm on OS X, 64-bit Reaper v4.731.

The file http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~tolly/reaper/one-tempo.RPP has a single track with a note, and a tempo set at the start. The file http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~tolly/reaper/two-tempos.RPP is the same but also includes a tempo change 2 beats in.

Using "Export project MIDI..." and making sure "Embed tempo map" is selected, only the two-tempo file actually includes the tempo map. You can verify by taking the output MIDI and re-importing it into a new project; the one from one-tempo.RPP has no tempos.

This can be worked around by including another dummy tempo which is the same as the one existing tempo, at a different place.
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category MIDI recording and playback
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 4.73
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-31-2015 11:43 AM
Human being with feelings

I did some more testing on this, and the issue is actually more complicated.

On 4.57, the single tempo event *exports*, but does not *import*. I confirmed this by viewing the exported MIDI file with other tools.

On 4.76 (current version), the single tempo event does not export, *and* if I manually make a MIDI file with one tempo using other tools, it does not import the tempo either.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue