Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Expose enumeration of FX parameters on TCP in the SDK Issue Tools
issueid=3008 10-15-2010 08:43 AM
Human being with feelings
Expose enumeration of FX parameters on TCP in the SDK
Expose enumeration of FX parameters on TCP in the SDK

There is currently no way of enumerating the FX parameters on the TCP. I'm writing the plugin for the AlphaTrack and currently it can edit all FX parameters. However, for faster workflow, it would be great to add selected parameters to the TCP, then quickly control this via the AlphaTrack.

I see it working like this:
Code:
REAPERAPI_DECL int (*TrackFX_GetNumTCPParams)(MediaTrack* tr);

REAPERAPI_DECL double (*TrackFX_GetTCPParam)(MediaTrack* tr,int index, int* fx, int* param);
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Coming in REAPER 4
Priority 3
Suggested Version 3.69
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 8
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-15-2010 09:57 AM
Mortal

This is possible with the current SDK..

[EDIT] I replied to RuairiAU's post below here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=66716 (could be considered as the discussion thread for this FR)
10-15-2010 10:11 AM

My understanding is that this returns back a large chunk of XML that has to be parsed. I appreciate that this can be done this way, but it's not ideal. I'd prefer to work how I showed as this is in line with how the rest of the SDK works.
10-20-2010 08:32 PM

Just one more thing to add; if we're gonna have get commands, set and remove commands would be handy as well.
10-27-2010 01:00 PM
Mortal

highly related (if not duplicate of): http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=1406

Of course, a dedicated API is cooler but if there's a possible pb with the method I suggested, I'd really be glad to know it (was about to make related extensions public).

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue