Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Ctrl/Cmd as a modifier to invoke autocrossfades when trimming Issue Tools
issueid=2302 04-10-2010 05:25 AM
Human being with feelings
Ctrl/Cmd as a modifier to invoke autocrossfades when trimming

Discussion thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=55726

Currently, ctrl+trimming an item does nothing. I propose that holding ctrl/cmd while trimming an item enables autocrossfades while you are trimming, and can be used at the same time as shift if you need to suspend snapping at the same time. This would allow folks like myself (who generally have autocrossfades turned off for most of my workflow) a quick and easy way to crossfade two items just by holding a key while dragging the edges, and then when the fade is satisfactory we can let go of the modifier and go back to work.

One other thing that this modifier should allow is the moving of crossfades, since currently if you shift+click a crossfade you can drag it around but only if autocrossfades are enabled. With this modifier, since Ctrl/Cmd invokes autocrossfades while depressed, you should be able to ctrl+shift+drag a crossfade any time without having to actually toggle autocrossfades on and off.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 3
Suggested Version 3.4
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 7
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)