Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

JS: updated fader values are not reported to automation lanes Issue Tools
issueid=1235 09-21-2009 12:22 PM
Mortal
JS: updated fader values are not reported to automation lanes
JS: updated fader values are not reported to automation lanes

All is said in the title.
An impact of that issue is that float values instead of integers are displayed in automation lanes (as rounded values are not reported).

This issue only occurs when the FX parammeter is displayed as a fader in the JS GUI:
- when a slider is set as a dropdown box (current limited workaround), the related value updates are correctly reported to fx knobs and automations
- when a slider is set as a fader, the related value updates are only correctly reported to fx knobs

A JS example showing that issue (use the -rounded- "PB Value" parameter) and an interesting discussion about 16383 items in a dropdown box, here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=376476
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 9
Affected Version 3.11
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-21-2009 09:52 PM
Human being with feelings

definitely not
i made such effect, (with much more enhancements)
and when i create an automation from a displayed fader,
and assign that automation (on my effect) to the MIDI volume CC,
and play the project, that automation does modify the fader, (that then send midi cc 7 = volume, you can download the effect on my signature, later)

but i don't click unable to produce, until i get more details.

EDIT: but you say the opposite, that the fader doesn't update the automation lane,

it should ?

i checked that with Vsti and JS, but it seems that an automation lane is a master and a slider is a servant, so the update is only in one direction
automation -> slider.
09-22-2009 08:37 AM
Mortal

Yes, I'm talking about reverse notifications: I don't see why we could "notify" correct integer values (i.e. rounded values) to fx knobs but not in automation lanes.

whatsup, be carefull with VST comparison: very few VST do so! Among them, for ex., reaVocode's param "Bands" is correctly reported as an integer in automation lanes and it's a fader (however it does not impact automation curves, like JS can do through dropdowns). The same goes for reaVerb's "FFT Max" param, discrete values (dropdown) but no impact on the curve...

well, there're some weird things here... inconsistencies, at least. I can "live with it" (priority 9), it's perhaps a design stuff beyond our mortal perception but I'd like a dev feedback about that...

[EDIT] -for VSTs- schwa details lot of things here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=27424 (discovered that thanks to a mabian's BR), but I'm talking about JS here...

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue