Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

Glueing midi items drops muted notes Issue Tools
issueid=498 07-07-2009 03:51 AM
Human being with feelings
Glueing midi items drops muted notes

Of course muted notes shouldn't vanish while glueing items!

This one's here since the beginning of time btw. :)
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Confirmed
Priority 4
Affected Version 3.05
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 19
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-07-2009 05:09 AM

Glueing is simply rendering the item so all muted notes, edited CC's or any modification in the item itself gets printed. This is by design not a bug I think.

EDIT: I'd suggest to use "Render as new take" to preserve original item as a take just in case you need to do some modifications later.
07-07-2009 05:15 AM
Administrator

I can understand why you'd expect muted notes to get glued, but as Mercado_Negro says gluing is literally rendering an item's source media within the time boundaries of the item. There's no MIDI meaning for a muted or selected note, these are properties maintained by the MIDI editor, not the played-back notes.
07-10-2009 04:27 PM

With all due respect (and seeing the technical background): for the average user I think glueing midi items means putting glue in between of them and putting them together without touching them at all. I couldn't care less what's happening in the background! So for me this remains a bug. Just my 2c.
07-10-2009 05:04 PM
-blänk-

I'm with rawdio. Glueing in-project MIDI shouldn't even necessarily create a file imo. It should just remove the border between them and in case there is blank space between two items include that. Muted notes should definitely survive.
07-10-2009 05:47 PM

I have to agree. "Glue" to me means "attach" and whatever is there before should be there afterward.

I can't think of any good reason why something should be removed on an "attach" operation.
07-10-2009 05:48 PM
Administrator

Yeah, fair points.
07-10-2009 10:46 PM

If this is treated as an issue to to be resolved, then count me too as 'very happy'
This petition for a change to Not a Reaper Bug was rejected
02-20-2010 07:10 PM

I would prefer a separate action:

Item: Glue selected items (without trimming)

Please don't change the behaviour of the current action! I like to "clear up" MIDI items this way!
02-21-2010 01:35 AM

My own view:
--"Glue" should just join the clips and keep the muted notes.
-- "Something-else" should remove the muted notes (a new Action in the MIDI Editor section).
02-21-2010 02:56 AM

Completely agree with DarkStar (theres' no separate discussion thread, sorry)
08-08-2011 03:05 AM

So this one is not getting fixed? :/

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue