Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

No scroll bars for large plugin UI's in FX window - OSX Mountain Lion Issue Tools
issueid=4712 03-19-2013 09:48 AM
Human being with feelings
No scroll bars for large plugin UI's in FX window - OSX Mountain Lion
Scroll bars in the track FX window seem to be completely missing in Reaper 4.32 on OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2

[What I did]:

Opened up Steven Slate Drums 4 VSTi on a new track in Reaper 4.32.

[What happened]:

The plugin opened up as normal, however much of the plugin's UI was off the screen.

[What I expected to happen]:

On my previous computer (running Windows 7), this would happen as well with this and many other plugins. The difference here is that on Reaper on Windows 7, I would get a scrollbar in the track FX window when the plugin's UI was too big, allowing me to scroll up and down on any plugin which was too large. On my new computer I am running OSX Mountain Lion (10.8.2) and no such scroll bar exists. I can drag the corner of the FX window to resize it, but this plugin just seems to live outside of the boundary of the FX window, giving me no option to resize it or scroll up and down.

I also notice I am not the only user who has experienced this issue. http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=104632
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category OSX particulars
Status Live With It For Now
Priority 3
Affected Version 4.32
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-24-2013 09:57 AM
Administrator

For the most part there might not be much way around this, depending on the plug-in at least.
03-31-2013 07:17 AM
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
For the most part there might not be much way around this, depending on the plug-in at least.
Fwiw, on OS X at least, the scroll bars are more or less broken even with the native effects:

When the window is resized, control elements appear on top of them, and they can't be used at all. Which kind of defeats their entire purpose.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue