Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Left click always selects item by default regardless of mouse modifier settings Issue Tools
issueid=3650 10-03-2011 10:45 AM
Human being with feelings
Left click always selects item by default regardless of mouse modifier settings

Well, the title kind of says it all. no matter what you choose in mouse modifier options left click will always select items, which i find is a pain for takes. sometimes, i want to move my edit marker in order to make a cut, but i don't want to change which take is selected, and when it selects a take without me wanting to, that's quite a pain, because i have to go and find which take i had selected again.

really in mouse modifiers i think only what you choose happens, but, an alternative, would be the option to lock takes into selected state without gluing them, and deleting other takes.

Discussion thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=88646
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 3
Suggested Version 4.10
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 0
Users who would not use this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-03-2011 11:49 AM

And how would you select takes then? That's why we need discussion threads, to refine ideas :)

Please create a discussion thread in the Feature Request forum and we'll talk about it there, I may have an idea for you :)
10-03-2011 01:11 PM
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro
And how would you select takes then? That's why we need discussion threads, to refine ideas :)

Please create a discussion thread in the Feature Request forum and we'll talk about it there, I may have an idea for you :)
created one a while back. I actually put quite a few things in there recently, most of which just received 0 replies. http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=88646

ideally with mouse modifiers, you could use whatever way you want to select items. generally, i would imagine folks would elect to choose left click as default to select items.

but, what i want, is to be able to ctrl+left click, and have that move edit marker to mouse cursor. this way i can move my edit marker without changing which take i have selected.

the current behaviour doesn't allow that, because even if you select only the action to move edit cursor to mouse cursor, it will also add the action to toggle item selection. even if you put nothing on left click that happens.

so really mouse modifiers should require that you add toggle item selection to your macro, or as your main action in the mouse modifier dialogue, rather than have it implicitly added, for the cases where you may not want it there.

for me, the whole idea behind customizability is to allow for any possibility any user may want, in any configuration any user may want. so for mouse modifier customizeability i think there needs to be no default unconfigurable action.

i'm not sure how possible that is from a programming standpoint, but anyways.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue