Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Shift to suspend snapping doesn't work for right click marquee time selection Issue Tools
issueid=2307 04-10-2010 01:49 PM
Human being with feelings
Shift to suspend snapping doesn't work for right click marquee time selection

This might be by design, but I find myself constantly trying to hold shift while drawing a time selection via right click expecting it to let me draw a selection off of the grid but it doesn't work. If shift is supposed to suspend snapping I think it should apply to this situation as well no? Currently the "suspend snapping" seems to only apply to moving items and trimming their edges, should there not be a way to have this apply globally to everything? A modifier combination where the snapping button on the toolbar literally changes as soon as you hold it and changes back when you let go?
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 3
Affected Version 3.4
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 1
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-11-2010 05:48 AM
-blänk-

I too think this isn't really a bug, but would make a real nice Feature Request I'd vote for. Should work for dragging a loop selection and dragging the edit cursor (in the time ruler) as well.

Could you repost it (maybe with another title) as a feature request, Adam? It doesn't look like we can change the issue type after the fact.
04-11-2010 06:00 AM
Human being with feelings

I did post this in the feature request forum but not in the tracker...

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=55519

Need to change the proposal because I'm fighting for another modifier using CTRL now, haha...

EDIT: Request in tracker... http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=2312
04-11-2010 06:25 AM
-blänk-

Thanks. Changed status of this one to "not a reaper bug".

Ah, found out how to "X" it :)

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue