Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Toolbar buttons with more than one action per button Issue Tools
issueid=3207 01-27-2011 05:50 PM
Human being with feelings
Toolbar buttons with more than one action per button
more actions with modifiers on a single toolbar button

I`ve been using reaper for a month or so and I LOVE the way you can customize it with your own stuff but lately I`ve been running out of place for new icons in midi editor and that gave me an idea! :D

Instead of adding actions to toolbars we could instead be able to add buttons and then add actions with modifiers to those buttons. Each action would produce another highlighted icon or text icon so you never get lost on what you selected

for example: You add one button and assign this to it:

click: grid: set division to 1/3
alt+ click: grid: set division to 1/6
alt+shift: grid: set division to 1/9

for the sake of example let`s say you selected text icon "1/3" for first action, "1/6" for the next etc...

So whenever you press that button you will get highlighted 1/3, 1/6 or 1/9 text icon.

I guess it would not be hard to do it. Just leave customize menus/toolbar as it is but instead of adding actions we just add buttons and give the names. When you select a button you will see it`s actions and their modifiers in a box next to button list and the look of a highlighted icon for each icon(which can be selected as icons are selected now).

To leave it compatible with older versions you leave an option to add an action and this new future would be called "add button" or something like that.

Discussion thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=75585
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Suggested
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version 3.73
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 11
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)