Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Maximum zoom in level : crazy midi editing behaviour Issue Tools
issueid=5018 12-10-2013 01:40 PM
Human being with feelings
Maximum zoom in level : crazy midi editing behaviour

When you edit midi items at maximum vertical zoom in level, some strange things happen :

- Create a track and insert an empty midi item.
- With snapping enabled, put the cursor at the beginning of the second beat, expand the track to its maximum height and set the vertical zoom in to maximum.
- Enter the midi editor (inline or main editor) and draw a note that occupies the whole second beat. Set the vertical zoom in to maximum (the cursor should be at the beginning of the second beat as in the arrange view).
- Now disable the snapping and move the edge of the note just a little.
- Get out of the midi editor and VOILÁ!, the change you just made is undone. The edge of the note has returned to the beginning of the beat.

This is easily reproducible. In a complex project, I´ve seen even more bizarre things happening – like both edges of a note changing their position, for example -.
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Not a Reaper Bug
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 4.57
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-10-2013 04:28 PM

FWIW I just followed your exct instructions and Reaper 4.55 x64 worked perfectly.
12-10-2013 08:32 PM

Well, I´ve just tried 4.57 and 4.55 (both x64) and it doesn´t work here. I think it´s better to continue the discussion in the forum :

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=132318

I will post some images there to support the instructions.
12-12-2013 05:31 AM

Here I leave some images regarding the instructions given above :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7hbxxfqzcyuojbi/qDUh5VsLy3

In summary :

Image 01 : You have a note occupying the second beat of a one measure midi item. The view is at its maximum zoom level (both vertical and horizontal).

Image 02 : I enter the midi editor and - zooming in at maximum level - I move the edge of the note just a little to the right. If you do it to the left it´s the same.

Image 03 : When I get out of the midi editor, the note seems to have been snapped to the beginning of the beat again.
12-12-2013 05:32 AM

Another example :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/04y6ventvez5gf0/rwQWPLJIEF

01 Two notes in the second and third beats (what you see there is the beginning of the third beat)

02 I move the edges of both notes a little to the left

03 I get out of the midi editor and both edges have returned to their initial position

Of course, no need to say that all views are at maximum zoom in level. I have reset the configuration to factory default in 4.57 x64. I even tested two older releases : 4.0 and 4.55 (both x64). The same results...
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue