Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Option not to show volume faders on main window Issue Tools
issueid=360 06-26-2009 11:20 AM
Human being with feelings
Option not to show volume faders on main window

I think that this option will be useful in order to make more space on the screen. and if the faders are required i can open the mixer and do the job there. I suggest to make it as a command with the posisbility to put in onto the tool bar.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version 3.04
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 16
Users who would not use this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags Recording, TCP

06-26-2009 11:28 AM

?? Already there :

[Options] >> Preferences >> Audio Recording >> uncheck "Always show full track control panel on armed tracks"

In any case, I've added a couple of tags and dropped the priority to 7 as that seems more appropriate.
06-26-2009 02:16 PM

i've just tried that. it doesn't work. I mean volume faders on tracks. so it's related to GUI
06-27-2009 12:44 AM

In that case, I have misunderstood your request. Can you post a mock-up of what you currently get and what you'd like to see?
06-30-2009 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar
what you'd like to see?
He wants the TCP hidden.
06-30-2009 07:12 AM

TCP hidden... interesting concept. Collapsible left (TCP) panel. Or hidden TCP panel and have the arrangement area cover the whole screen. Maybe perhaps with tiny info lanes above each track, showing the track name and maybe tiny controls.

Would be cool. And fresh. But not critical.
06-30-2009 08:24 AM

We should remember that Screen Sets do not include the width of the TCP. In my opinion they should. That could include eventual switches for groups of controls, exactly like it already exists in the MCP, and in small part for the TCP.

Fader + Meter,
Recordings + Monitoring,
I/O + FX + Envelope,
Solo + Mute + Phase

When Fader + Meter are off, other elements could arrange themselves on a second row if space on the TCP becomes too limited.

All part of the screen sets.
09-23-2009 09:08 PM

i'd like not to have the volume faders in the tcp as well, but ONLY when the track is minimized, as well the pan and rec.
09-24-2009 03:08 AM

Yep option to get rid of the tcp is a great idea ;)

NAS
09-24-2009 05:11 AM
Mortal

Why not enlarging this idea to all reaper's split panels ?
note: erratum in the last snapshot, to be consistent a 3rd control is missing beween the docker/transport bar (an horizontal one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
<snip> here's another one I won't put in the tracker but worth a post: cosmetic but more usefull, IMO.
It's a GUI techno (big word for what it is!) known as "One touch expandable split panels".

I'd like to see that in -all- reaper split panels.... but just think to those 2 ones:

all that useless space... and I'm so used to get rid of it...

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue