Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Auto punch recording: prompt before adding recorded items that are outside the auto-punch region Issue Tools
issueid=1708 12-09-2009 03:34 PM
Human being with feelings
Auto punch recording: prompt before adding recorded items that are outside the auto-punch region

What's up with the auto punch feature? If you stop the recording before the punch-in, it creates items where it never should do so.

See this video:
auto-punch.avi (xvid, 7.9MB)

Isn't the auto punch feature all about not messing with stuff outside of the punch area?

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=26288
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=14150
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Suggested
Priority 4
Suggested Version 3.14159
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 5
Users who would not use this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-09-2009 10:59 PM
Administrator

This behavior is by design. If recording does not ever enter the punch selection, the whole recording is kept.
12-10-2009 12:30 AM

But this is messing up the arrangement. Why not keeping the recording just on disk and let the user bring it into the arrangement via an action instead?
12-10-2009 06:47 AM
Administrator

At most, we could make it so if there are any recorded items outside the auto-punch region, the usual "save recorded items" dialog comes up with those items marked.
12-10-2009 06:49 AM

Yeah this would be cool!
12-10-2009 03:07 PM

...or put it in the Properties:

"Save punched takes when recording out of auto-punch region" Check/Uncheck

?
12-10-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon
...or put it in the Properties:

"Save punched takes when recording out of auto-punch region" Check/Uncheck

?
Even better :)
12-15-2009 08:06 PM

I don't see how this feature is useful. If I stop recording before the cursor reaches the auto-punch region that's becasue I have changed my mind and no longer wish to go ahead. Furthermore, when users enable Autopunch recording it's because they specifically want to record something within the bounds of the autopunch region, not outside. Any sounds happening outside will most likely be the singer clearing his/her throat.
12-25-2009 03:55 PM

Please don't change the current behaviour. I very often forget to change the rec mode, and this feature reads my mind.

For the winers, there's an action called "Stop (DELETE all recorded media)". Could it be useful?
12-26-2009 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood
For the winers, there's an action called "Stop (DELETE all recorded media)". Could it be useful?
No.

This is the solution: http://forum.cockos.com/projectpost....otenoteid=8638

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue