Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Media Explorer: peak files Issue Tools
issueid=357 06-26-2009 09:37 AM
Human being with feelings
Media Explorer: peak files
Separate settings for the M.Explorer peak files

Media Explorer creates peak files for the files you preview through it. The peak files are placed in the same location as the source files.

I would like options to either disable the M.Explorer peak files or to have them in a separate temp or centralized location for easy deletion. These options should be separate than the project peak files.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 3.04
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 7
Users who would not use this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-27-2009 01:45 PM

I agree, having a way to specify a unique folder for every peaks files would be excellent to avoid having peaks everywhere
06-28-2009 03:50 AM

what about this?

[img]http://img189.**************/img189/8589/peaks.jpg[/img]
06-28-2009 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjaxis
what about this?

[img]http://img189.**************/img189/8589/peaks.jpg[/img]
Of course this works fine.

BUT for people running REAPER with that option disabled, Media Explorer shouldn't store the peak files at all. Maybe the peak file(s) should just be built into RAM in this case. Or write them to the default system TEMP folder or something like that ...
06-28-2009 05:09 AM

Oh i did not know this option.. That's ok for me i don't want any other feature about peaks :)
06-28-2009 03:43 PM

Does that option work separately for the Media Explorer and separately for the project peak files? For example, if I want to have peak files for each project's audio, and at the same time not have peak files for files I browse randomly with the Media Explorer... can I do that?

If not, then this FR still stands.
06-28-2009 05:28 PM

. .
06-29-2009 02:31 AM

The hidden attribute would be useful and I would use it for my project's peak files (maybe, don't know how that would work in practice).

But wouldn't help with the Media Explorer. It would still litter my music libaries.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue