Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Independent Item Locking Issue Tools
issueid=523 07-09-2009 08:22 AM
Human being with feelings
Independent Item Locking
Allow media items to have independent lock parameters

Although the Cubendo locking isn't the best out there it allows independent configuration. Initial locking is (logically) position. After that you can individually change the lock parameters of any media item to varying combinations of the available locking parameters.

I'll lock (for instance) position of an item while still being able to edit fades, volume handles, size etc, while another item will be fully locked down for all of those things. You select an item and change/set it's lock parameters in the info bar.

OTOH, locking at the track level locks down everything on the track no matter how it's set so items can have their independence overridden by the global track lock. Unlocking the track puts any individual locking back into play, if an item is "postion" only then you can size it, fade it, etc when the track's lock icon is off.

Even though this item has sizing locked only, the track lock overrides that and locks down everything.

So those things work together. Unlocking a track only removes the track's global lock.

Reaper's locking (I think) has more available parameters but it's global "one size fits all". Maybe right-click on the lock icon per-item to determine what will be locked for that particular item or at the track level for that particular track, rather than a global setting.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 3.05
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 5
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags Locking

07-09-2009 09:36 AM

No Cubendo behaviour needed (imho it sucks). Just r-click on lock icon in items and tick the options you need:

*Lock fades
*Lock volume line
*Lock left/right movement
*Lock up/down movement
*Lock position in FIPM
*Lock resizing in FIPM
*Lock split
*Lock envelopes (volume, mute and pan)

Most used options should be ticked by default.

EDIT: Those users not using icons on the items could tick these options by accessing to items' properties.
07-09-2009 09:54 AM
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro
Just r-click on lock icon in items and tick the options you need:

*Lock fades
*Lock volume line
*Lock left/right movement
*Lock up/down movement
*Lock position in FIPM
*Lock resizing in FIPM
*Lock split
*Lock envelopes (volume, mute and pan)

Most used options should be ticked by default.

EDIT: Those users not using icons on the items could tick these options by accessing to items' properties.
I agree 100%, just allow independent setting of options. The only reason I showed the Cubendo method is because it allows locking the track globally overriding the part options which one might do near the end of an editing session, lock the entire track down without disturbing the part options.

Also, if this is to be a menu to check things off it should probably persist until you're finished with it.
07-09-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence
I agree 100%, just allow independent setting of options. The only reason I showed the Cubendo method is because it allows locking the track globally overriding the part options which one might do near the end of an editing session, lock the entire track down without disturbing the part options.
This should be added as another FR like: "Individual Locking for Tracks". I'd vote for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence
Also, if this is to be a menu to check things off it should probably persist until you're finished with it.
Sure. It should persist until you're done ticking and then you click elsewhere to hide it.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue