Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

VST patch changing when pressing play Issue Tools
issueid=3096 11-27-2010 06:32 PM
Human being with feelings
VST patch changing when pressing play
If I have one patch selected and press play, it changes to another as it has a "default" option

Hi! Using Reaper's demo (I am deciding about buying the license) I got this issue: Using a VST, if a select for example a "Grand Piano" patch, and press play, it changes to "tubular bells" patch. I select again grand piano, press play again, and same issue. It doesn't matters what patch I select, it always goes back to tubular bells. If I select another track, it goes the same way, but instead of tubular bells it goes back to another patch.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 3.73
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-27-2010 08:30 PM
Administrator

This is almost certainly due to program change messages that have been recorded into the MIDI that you are playing back. Double-click the MIDI item to open the MIDI editor, then select "Bank/program select" in the dropdown list for the data lane at the bottom of the editor. At the start of the MIDI item, you will probably see program change messages that are being sent to your VST.

If you continue to have trouble, or help requests or how-to questions, please post in the REAPER user forum. The issue tracker is for confirmed/reproducible code bugs that need to be fixed in REAPER itself. Thanks!

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue