Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Weird behavior with expression maps in midi editor Issue Tools
issueid=2761 07-21-2010 11:45 AM
Human being with feelings
Weird behavior with expression maps in midi editor

I use expression maps a lot in midi editor. It allows me to load different articulations for the instrument I'm working on. BUT:

Sometimes, when you go back to midi editor, Reaper does'nt remember wich expression map you're using. Sometimes it does. When it doesn't you must load your expression map again, choose a bank and then a preset.

Most people will probably only use one expression map for an instrument, or even for a very large group of instrument, since it can contain so many banks.
It would be more efficient if Reaper would remember wich expression map is used for a given track.
Don't know if it's a bug or what, but it would probably be implemented very easily and could save a lot of time and focus to most midi users.
Thanks for reading
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 4
Affected Version 3.63
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-21-2010 03:18 PM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Sorry for your trouble but please post bug suspects and help requests in the appropriate forums first, not in the issue tracker (a database for confirmed/reproducible Reaper bugs and feature requests). Please repost this in the forums. Thanks!

(We'll reopen this if we find a bug)
07-21-2010 03:44 PM
Administrator

By "expression maps" you probably mean customized MIDI note names. These are stored by channel, so possibly you are seeing them disappear when switching the MIDI editor view to another channel. But as Steindork says, this should get discussed in the user forum, we can reopen the bug ticket if it turns out there is a real bug.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue