Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Insert tempo change bug! Issue Tools
issueid=343 06-26-2009 01:15 AM
Human being with feelings
Insert tempo change bug!
Longer description needed

* Bug: leave project tempo at 120. Insert tempo change at 0:00:00, for example 165. Then insert a tempo change later in the project, at any measure, say, measure 20. See how the first tempo marker reverts to default project tempo of 120. And if there was a time signature change, it goes back to 4/4 too (bad, bad thing).

Solution/suggestion/logical behavior: whenever the tempo and/or time signature change is entered at 0:00:00, make that the default project tempo, and mirror it in the Transport bar.

* Continuation to above: I also noticed (and this is important) that BPM window in Transport bar DOES NOT show which is the current BPM while playing the project, if the tempo changed anywhere in the project! If we started on 120 BPM, it will show it throughout the whole song, even if the tempo changed to some other value elsewhere. This is not a good thing :(
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 3.01
Closed Version 3.05
Yes votes 2
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-26-2009 09:14 AM
Code Monkey

Yes, this has gotten me at times too. If you notice, adding a time sig marker at 0:00 actually adds *two* markers at the beginning of the project. (Drag the marker over to see what I mean.) The solution may be changing the behavior so adding a marker at 0:00 just adds one marker (which is "tied" to the project tempo/time sig), not two.
06-26-2009 09:40 AM
Administrator

I think this has already been fixed for 3.05.
06-30-2009 07:44 AM

Partially fixed here in 3.05pre3. Value in BPM box in transport bar doesn't change when play cursor goes through a TS marker, yet. Thanks
06-30-2009 07:52 AM
Code Monkey

Yes, I agree the BPM box should display current tempo, and should also change the tempo envelope at the play cursor, not the tempo at the beginning of the project. This may be a FR instead of a bug, though.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue