Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

[Double clicking items] Give more choices of double clic actions Issue Tools
issueid=371 06-27-2009 03:24 PM
Human being with feelings
[Double clicking items] Give more choices of double clic actions
Give more choices on doubleclicking items

Hi,

every Reaper user has his own way of working with the program.

I must admit no "doubleclicking item" option pleases me and i think it would be very good to have more choices in the dropdown list in the options..

Here are some propositions i would love (the first one being the one i would put as default) :
"Open Item properties"
"Zoom the item to screen"
"Open Dynamic split for this item"

I'm sure other people could find other things to do with an item when doubleclicking on it

Thanks
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 3.04
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 9
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-27-2009 04:51 PM

i would really like to see an option to double-click an item for item properties. i also think an "item properties" icon on item labels would be great. there is an item icon for notes, but not properties?!

it might also be good to have an option to double-click an item and have it perform an assignable action or macro.
06-28-2009 07:42 AM

It would be nice to put clicking motion as a "special key" when assigning controls. It would solve these thing. Both for left and right doubleclick, combined with ctrl, shift, alt.
06-29-2009 02:51 PM

I would like to have the option to assign "open fx chain for the active" on double-click
06-30-2009 05:53 AM

I agree with EvilDragon even if it may sound difficult to implement :
having DoubleClic (+ctrl or alt or shift) as a special key. That would allow any user to set exactly what he needs for a double clic on Item.

Or, simpler, maybe ask for an action to launch when Item is double clicked (giving CTRL+Double Clic or Alt+double clic choices too)
That would be simpler to do

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue