Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

WALTER meter_bg BUG Issue Tools
issueid=4729 03-28-2013 02:53 PM
Human being with feelings
WALTER meter_bg BUG
Meter_bg.png ignores 'front' command in WALTER

if you use the following code for mcp:

front mcp.trackidx mcp.meter

and then overlay the meter element over the trackidx element, the meter itself will always show over the trackidx (expected behaviour) but the meter_bg_mcp.png will always be behind (bug)

this makes it impossible to implement certain designs where you'd cover the actual track background with the trackidx element to prevent the whole track from being tinted.

Basically, the problem is that the meter_bg element is ignoring the 'front' command.

Here some images to make it more clear:

[IMG]http://img12.**************/img12/9581/idxinfront.png[/IMG]

Uploaded with **************

This image shows the way it works now. the trackidx element is just a grey png covering the whole track, and as you can see the other elements like mute solo, record etc. are in the right z-order over the trackidx. The meter itself is on top of the trackidx but not the meter background image.

[IMG]http://img441.**************/img441/1655/meterbginfront.png[/IMG]

Uploaded with **************

Here you see the way it should work. The meter background is now visible on top of the trackidx element.

This has already been brought up in another thread where it was confirmed by another user:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...27#post1019927
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Suggested
Priority 3
Suggested Version 4.32
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 1
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-30-2013 04:35 AM
Pixel Pusher

I'm not clear exactly what you're saying, perhaps some images would help?
03-30-2013 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie
I'm not clear exactly what you're saying, perhaps some images would help?
Ok i've updated the report with some images, hopefully it's clearer now.
03-31-2013 02:23 PM
Administrator

Hmm, the meter background image is not really a normal control, and will always be at the bottom of the list, while the rest of the meter is always at the top (for performance reasons). This should be a FR, I suppose...
03-31-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
Hmm, the meter background image is not really a normal control, and will always be at the bottom of the list, while the rest of the meter is always at the top (for performance reasons). This should be a FR, I suppose...
I know i shouldn't be discussing here so sorry in advance. But I'm not sure I agree with this, because let's face it - the meter is always in front of the other elements (as you already said), so it only makes sense to have the meter_bg in front as well. I can't think of a case where you would want the meter in front but no meter_bg. It just seems wrong, apart from being very inconvenient for themers.

Again, this would be extremely helpful for the kind of design i described. It allows us to use just a small part of the track for track tinting. Please consider this.

If it's not classified as a bug I'll make a feature request. (edit: oops i saw it's already been made a feature request)

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue