Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Default layouts disappear Issue Tools
issueid=4739 04-03-2013 12:57 PM
Human being with feelings
Default layouts disappear

I have these layouts set as my Default Layouts.

Every so often, they are wiped out and replaced by a single default (for the Mixer panel), referencing a layout that I did use once, but no longer exists. The Layouts themselves are still in the theme and can be selected in the Layouts menus.

I do not know what is causing the problem but it's almost as if Reaper is digging up an old copy of reaper.ini from somewhere.

-----------------------
Original BR:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=120916
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Arcana
Status Not a Reaper Bug
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 4.32
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags Layouts

04-04-2013 07:02 AM
Administrator

Accidentally loading a screenset perhaps?
04-04-2013 10:49 AM

Well, it would have been deliberate, but I cannot see why default layouts would be connected with screensets.

Anyway, I've just tried it, Yes, loading a Windows screenset (e.g F7, F8 or F9) zaps the default layouts.

I cannot figure out why that would be. Is there a workaround or is it a bug?
04-04-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar
Well, it would have been deliberate, but I cannot see why default layouts would be connected with screensets.

Anyway, I've just tried it, Yes, loading a Windows screenset (e.g F7, F8 or F9) zaps the default layouts.

I cannot figure out why that would be. Is there a workaround or is it a bug?
It`s definitely a feature. It gets used here all the times for switching between screensets for "normal" and "inspector" view (normal vs sidebar layout for default mixer layout)

Just make sure you save you screensets with layouts you want.
04-04-2013 12:42 PM

It's not the layouts that I have selected for Arranger or Mixer tracks, nor the layouts assigned to Actions; it's the Default Layouts - they are getting removed. As shown in:
... Big pic: https://i.imgur.com/mHB5w30.png

Surely[*], saving a screenset should not change the Default Layouts that I have set up for Reaper.

----------------------
[ * ] and don't call me Shirley
04-04-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar
It's not the layouts that I have selected for Arranger or Mixer tracks, nor the layouts assigned to Actions;
Yep, because they are saved by the screensets - if you saved your screenset without those layouts (empty, which means default layout) the screenset will get loaded that way.

You can disable that behaviour when saving screensets. Just untick "layouts"

And here's one simple example how I use that feature to fake "inspector" view:
https://stash.reaper.fm/16094/screens...s%20change.gif
04-05-2013 02:52 AM

I now understand the interaction. Thank you.

I had thought that the Layouts in the top part of the Layouts window were Global layouts, but they're not.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue