Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Preferences - Allow modifying edges of time selection over items in tracks Issue Tools
issueid=3016 10-19-2010 11:06 PM
Human being with feelings
Preferences - Allow modifying edges of time selection over items in tracks

REAPER 3.72

-> disable "Allow modifying edges of time selection over items in tracks" in Preferences/Editing Behaviour/Mouse
-> insert an item
-> click it
-> shift+click it

Result: REAPER is creating/changing time selection.

Expected: No time selection created/changed.

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...0&postcount=13
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Not a Reaper Bug
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version 3.69
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-20-2010 05:21 AM

In that option explanation "dragging" is mentioned so I think this only applies when dragging time selection edges. For instance, if that option is enabled and you select item 1, hold Shift and click on the item again a time section is created from the edit cursor to the point where you clicked which confirms my assumptions. In your example you're basically following this criteria by clicking on the first item then clicking on the last item and clicking again on the first item.
10-20-2010 07:05 AM

You're right but this still shouldn't happen. The preference itself doesn't say "dragging" too.
10-20-2010 08:13 AM

This only happens when clicking in the same item and Justin has mentioned it is specifically as a feature to allow you to easily select an area of an item. It's a quick workflow booster that is there intentionally.

I agree with Mercado, I don't think this is what is meant by that preference. That preference refers to the Time Selection edges taking z-order priority over items, allowing you to click and drag the time selection edges without affecting the items underneath.

Maybe it could be altered such that a time selection is only created if the two clicks in the same item are directly after each other? That way this wouldn't happen in the scenario you described in the other post Dstruct.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue