Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Reaper refusing Drumcore tracks Issue Tools
issueid=1634 12-01-2009 08:07 AM
Human being with feelings
Reaper refusing Drumcore tracks
For some reason I can drag and drop a drum loop in Cubase but not Reaper

Drumcore LOOKS like it's dragging and dropping into my track (in fact I can even see the readout showing that it will PLAY through that track although I can't get it to record anything). But the little gray box disappears and leaves me with an error message that reads Could not import 1 of 1 item.

I can drag and drop the loop into Cubase, convert it to a wav file, save it, then open that file in Reaper, but that's a long way round the barn.

This is Reaper version 3.1415/V64 in Win 7 with the latest version of free Drumcore.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Not a Reaper Bug
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 3.1415
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-01-2009 07:41 PM
Administrator

The link to the demo at http://www.drumcore.com/TemplateMain.aspx?contentId=65 appears to be broken (and it would be 1.2G even if it worked).

Can you drag the loop to the desktop, and then post it here? If you drag it to the desktop, can you then drag it into Reaper?
12-02-2009 08:17 AM

No. It shows it dragging then nothing appears. Oddly this morning I can open Drumcore 3 in Cubase but when I try to add a track and open it in Reaper I get a new error message that: The following effect plugin could not be loaded (VSTi Drumcore 3(x86)(Submersible Music Inc.)(24 out)effect configuration is preserved. It was at least opening for me in Reaper yesterday... and yes, the file was 1.2 gigs.
12-02-2009 08:22 AM
Administrator

If the link to their demo ever gets fixed, we can look at it. Please bump the issue if you see that happen.
12-02-2009 09:00 AM

I got it here. As you say the other link didn't work, but I"m pretty sure this is the one I found that did.

http://www.brothersoft.com/drumcore-...oad-70286.html

-------
Edit by DarkStar
BrotherSoft have received some adverse comments about their operation - they appear to collect software downloads and make them available on their site. Not always with the owner's approval.

Click the link at your own risk.
12-02-2009 09:28 AM

Everything works fine here in REAPER x32. It does freeze REAPER x64 though. I've tried it normally, embedded, and in buggy plugin mode.

x64:

Run as native: plug-in doesn't load but is placed in the mixer's insert strip, greyed-out and unclickable

Run as dedicated process: Temporarily freezes REAPER then gives "could not import 1 of 1 items" error message

Run as seperate process: Mouse turns into a circle with a line through it and freezes REAPER

Run in buggy plugin compatibility mode: Doesn't change anything.

The plugin does work and play the drums. Dragging loops from the plugin is the only thing that's broken.

Hopefully that helps. I think this is the person I was helping on homerecording.com.

*edit*
I also clicked "no" on accident when voting. Can we change that to a "yes?" :D
12-02-2009 09:59 AM
Administrator

Ah -- you trying to drag and drop between a 32-bit plugin and a 64-bit application. I don't think that's going to work. Reaper's bridge handles all the audio and control flow between the plugin and Reaper, but drag and drop goes through the window manager.

.. you say this works in Cubase, does it work in x64 Cubase when running the bridged plugin?
12-02-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.bop
Everything works fine here in REAPER x32. It does freeze REAPER x64 though. I've tried it normally, embedded, and in buggy plugin mode.

x64:

Run as native: plug-in doesn't load but is placed in the mixer's insert strip, greyed-out and unclickable

Run as dedicated process: Temporarily freezes REAPER then gives "could not import 1 of 1 items" error message

Run as seperate process: Mouse turns into a circle with a line through it and freezes REAPER

Run in buggy plugin compatibility mode: Doesn't change anything.

The plugin does work and play the drums. Dragging loops from the plugin is the only thing that's broken.

Hopefully that helps. I think this is the person I was helping on homerecording.com.

*edit*
I also clicked "no" on accident when voting. Can we change that to a "yes?" :D
Yep, it's me, D.Bop. Thanks for figuring out the problem. Leaves me back where we were discussing. Purchasing Cakewalk Studio Instruments. LOL.
12-02-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa
Ah -- you trying to drag and drop between a 32-bit plugin and a 64-bit application. I don't think that's going to work. Reaper's bridge handles all the audio and control flow between the plugin and Reaper, but drag and drop goes through the window manager.

.. you say this works in Cubase, does it work in x64 Cubase when running the bridged plugin?
Yes, oddly enough it is 64 Cubase. And yes it does work in Cubase but it's buggy.
05-07-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa

I'm experience the same problem... also with EZDrummer! So what I can do to workaround this problem???
Thanks in advance.
05-12-2010 05:05 AM

I just experienced the same problem with my EZ Drummer. Found this thread looking for help. I get the "could not import 1 of 1 items" when I drag & drop from EZ Drummer. I want to mention I recently installed Komplete 6 on my system and then upgraded to the Reaper 3.51 x64 install.
09-09-2012 05:08 AM

I hope this helps with your problem...

I'm assuming they are MIDI arrangements you are dropping across.

If the extension is *.MIDI then Reaper will not open it (I bounced mine from Cubase on another machine.)

Rename the file to *.MID and Reaper will read it fine.

This is not within a VST though...unless you rename the MIDI files the VST is referencing and cross your fingers?

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue