Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

From Version 3.66 Loop misses drum sounds Issue Tools
issueid=2971 09-22-2010 06:14 PM
Human being with feelings
From Version 3.66 Loop misses drum sounds
Later versions problems(winXP pro)

I use Jamstix Drum software and ever since later than version 3.65 of Reaper if I say have loop running of say ,"X" bars to practice a solo/singing etc then some of the drum sounds disappear at the end of the loop just as it's going to go back to the beginning.

This is not a major issue but an annoyance and I just thought I would mention it.I therefore try the later versions but they all do it so I'm basically stuck on version 3.65.This ,"Is" repeatable with all the later versions.

TIA.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Not a Reaper Bug
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 3.66
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-29-2010 12:20 PM
Administrator

Could you possibly attach a copy of a MIDI file that shows this problem (plays properly in 3.65, not properly in later versions) ?
09-29-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa
Could you possibly attach a copy of a MIDI file that shows this problem (plays properly in 3.65, not properly in later versions) ?
I would love to Scwha but Jamstix is not in midi mode.It's in effect,"Live" mode e.g generating it's own sound with no midi track but creating midi events live,not printed.I'll do a test with it playing a midi drum track but there must have been something in and update that it doesn't like after version 3.65.

If you need to there is a free demo version of Jamstix you can download to play with,

http://www.rayzoon.com/jamstix3_demo.html
09-29-2010 01:01 PM

It does not do it if Jamstix is playing a midi track but this is not the way I work with Jamstix and it was working fine up until Version 3.66 :/
10-01-2010 04:36 AM
Administrator

Could you post a project that demonstrates the problem then?
10-01-2010 05:43 AM

Here you go,

http://www.box.net/shared/dqdyrkgx9s

6 meg.

I can't loop to practice parts now on anything after 3.65 :(
10-01-2010 10:05 AM
Administrator

I believe this is the cause, from the 3.66 changelog:
+ VST: inform plugins if transport repeat is enabled

Prior to 3.66, plugins had no way to know if REAPER's transport repeat button was pressed. After 3.66, plugins can ask if the repeat button is pressed. This feature does appear to be working properly: REAPER reports the current playback position, loop start and end times.

Jamstix is obviously asking for this information because the plugin is silent if there is a loop selection, repeat is enabled in REAPER, but playback is outside the loop points. Perhaps Jamstix detects when you are in the last bar before looping, and plays things differently (where a real drummer might put a fill or something). Prior to 3.66, Jamstix had no way to know if it was in the last bar, so you would not have heard this behavior.

Based on what I can observe, the behavior appears to be intentional. If you still think that it is a bug, you may want to contact Rayzoon. Please feel free to give them our contact info (support at cockos) if they need any additional information, or if they think REAPER is doing something wrong.
10-01-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa
I believe this is the cause, from the 3.66 changelog:
+ VST: inform plugins if transport repeat is enabled

Prior to 3.66, plugins had no way to know if REAPER's transport repeat button was pressed. After 3.66, plugins can ask if the repeat button is pressed. This feature does appear to be working properly: REAPER reports the current playback position, loop start and end times.

Jamstix is obviously asking for this information because the plugin is silent if there is a loop selection, repeat is enabled in REAPER, but playback is outside the loop points. Perhaps Jamstix detects when you are in the last bar before looping, and plays things differently (where a real drummer might put a fill or something). Prior to 3.66, Jamstix had no way to know if it was in the last bar, so you would not have heard this behavior.

Based on what I can observe, the behavior appears to be intentional. If you still think that it is a bug, you may want to contact Rayzoon. Please feel free to give them our contact info (support at cockos) if they need any additional information, or if they think REAPER is doing something wrong.
Thank you for your time.I will Contact Rayzoon/Ralph.
10-01-2010 01:29 PM

I think I've found the problem.All the projects that it happened on had an off-set bar start of 1.This was from an old setting.I set Jamstix to Zero and left Reaper at 1 and this has cured the problem so far.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue