Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

tap tempo : mousedragging & CC midi learning Issue Tools
issueid=94 06-15-2009 03:17 PM
Human being with feelings
tap tempo : mousedragging & CC midi learning
please allow Reaper to : 1- change tempo when dragging the mouse on the proper area, and 2-allow tempo to be triggered by a midi CC.

Hello
Please, allow Reaper to :

1- change tempo when dragging the mouse (or mousewheeling) on the proper area ( = where you usually tap the tempo), and

2- <i>allow the tempo to be triggered by a midi CC</i> (either to be able to tap tempo using a controller's pad, or, better, to use an external trigger to define the tempo : so, it would be very easy for Reaper to follow a real drummer's tempo change, etc). It would also be very useful for me to use old pre-midi machines with trigger outputs to control Reaper's tempo in real time.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 2
Suggested Version 3.03
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 30
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-15-2009 03:21 PM

I hate tapping my mouse for tap tempo, I imagine I might be able to reassign it to a keyboard key, but having an external midi pad/audio trigger to do it would be ideal.
06-20-2009 08:24 AM

I would like it if a MIDI note could be assigned to tap tempo.
I'd love to be able to create a tempo map on the fly using a HiHat or snare!
09-25-2009 07:43 AM

drag-able tempo
vid example (few seconds):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcXkN5wW14k
09-25-2009 02:20 PM

... and for the #2 request "tempo learnable by an input trigger", i know that Usine and FL can do this, but i have never tried...
But as i have several analogue synths and drum machines with "trig out", i would get a daily use (and heavy use !!) of such a feature.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue