View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 10:39 PM   #7
studer58
Human being with feelings

I'm in a similar situation, in that I'm using a Zoom R16 as control surface for Reaper', which responds via the MCU (or MCU Klinke) control protocol. It works perfectly fine for responding to 16 individual tracks, in terms of fader control of volume. If I add a folder, it will react to that, as if it's just another track...which is fine too.

However, I'd like to have the R16's faders control only the Folder faders, and not the individual child tracks contained within them....so direct the R16 to skip/ignore the child tracks.

In the Mixer window of Reaper, I can easily move all Folders to the left...and I can also hide child tracks. However, the R16 won't respond to this..it slavishly follows the Track Control Window only, and locks onto every fader (top to bottom), whether it's a child track or Folder.

This (skip function) would make mixing a lot more efficient, and use up far fewer R16 surface faders. At present it looks like the only way (?) is to create custom actions for each fader, as levets outlined in post#3 above, unless there's an alternative method of making individual tracks 'invisible' to the R16 ?

To give a practical twist to this, I could have 26 or more tracks (individual tracks plus folders)...yet these could easily condense down to just 5 or 6 folders. So it's a big deal to navigate to the 6 essential folders (which are interspersed within these tracks/folders, and across a few banks of 8) to make a mix !

Can anyone see a shortcut way of doing this ?

Last edited by studer58; 03-12-2017 at 10:50 PM.
studer58 is offline   Reply With Quote