View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 03:22 PM   #170
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Just an update here. Most of the things I was missing from preferences (like bar line on selected items and media item tint) are in the theme editor.

I've updated this theme to match what I like but my question to you (White Tie) is if you bring out updates to this theme, I'm guessing all my edits will get wiped right? or will most of the updates now happen through reaper updates and the script you made?
If your edits are done in the "theme tweaker" within Reaper, what it does when you save those changes is to create a separate *.reapertheme file in the colorthemes folder. That *.reapertheme file contains only the information relevant to things that the theme tweaker can manage. It references the *.ReaperThemeZip file upon which it's based, for images and other more complex things which are in a file named rtconfig.txt (within the *.ReaperThemZip archive). If you replace that *.ReaperThemeZip archive with a new one, overwriting it, you can still recall your changes made in that *.reapertheme file. Just make sure that file refers to the correct *.ReaperThemeZip file (if you overwrite a *.ReaperThemeZip with one of the same name, the file with changes you made in the theme tweaker will just use the new *.ReaperThemeZip file for whatever it contains). If you need to edit a *.reapertheme file to "point it" to a specific *.ReaperThemeZip for some reason, just open it in a text editor and edit the line that says "ui_img=*.ReaperThemeZip" and save it.