View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #100
John Lundsten
Human being with feelings

Originally Posted by Shan
And let's not forget, we need the following surround formats: (then a list of 9 formats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizou View Post
I woulkd need this too, plus surround panning. Is there a feature Request to vote for?
I think this is not needed considering the way Reaper works. Whereas DAW's like PT need loads of very specific "Track types" to make using mono files work. Reaper has what IMO is a far more powerful way of dealing with data types.

Anything goes on any track.

Eg in terms of audio anything from mono to a 64chan poly chan file can go on a track, the routing capabilities are massively more powerful than any other daw. Including having no problems at all with inserting plug-ins with any number of in's & outs.

So reaper is way better than a DAW like Logic where you have to fight the very rigid ideas of what they think you want.
So if say you want to insert the Schoeps Double MS VST plugin, in Reaper So easy, Logic & PT absolutely impossible, Nuendo is possible but a bit hard going. If you want something like 2nd order ambisonic surround it's Reaper (or a more programming type environment like Bidule).

Now I wish there were more than 2 meters on for sure the master & pref also the TCP. Has this already been FR'd?

There are already a pretty good selection of surround plug-in's, Jean Marc Duchenne's stuff for example, but a few more would be good too.
John Lundsten is offline   Reply With Quote