View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #85
Veech
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveofjazz View Post
^^^^ What he said ^^^^

I can account for Songwriter's Drum Packs 1 & 2, Songwriter's Fill Pack, and the Rock Songs pack. These have plenty of useful drum patterns, and are a good place to start as well. You can use the MIDI Editor in Reaper to modify these easily.

Also, if a longer groove is what you're seeking, you can simply click on the right side of an existing groove and start dragging it to whatever length you desire.
yep I know that trick about elongating the groove pattern, very cool feature. I have played around with modifying the MIDI tracks in Reaper, it actually isn't very difficult once you get the knack of it. I tend to prefer a bit more crash cymbals coming out of fills than what I have hears in EZDrummer's stock grooves and that is very simple to accomplish in Reaper, although I wish I could figure out how to label the white/black keys that appear on the left of the screen so I can know which one corresponds to which sound.

Looks like EX Player doesn't have all the functions I was looking for. It may be that all I need is a greater variety of grooves and fills. I think the Drum Packs 1 & 2, Songwriter's Fill Pack, and the Rock Songs pack will be my next purchase, I like how they are relatively cheap and it seems that they will really expand the options available in terms of creating songs and varying the styles of the songs.
Veech is offline   Reply With Quote