View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #32
Xasman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
My take on notation is that it's very hard to implement right. Quite possibly this is a job for a team of extension writers, who could perhaps take an open source project and adapt it to be an internal editor for midi items.

This may require a new set of APIs from Cockos, but in the end may very well be worth it, depending on how many folks are willing to code, test or donate money to the coders who will do the job.
I'm sensing that some people here seem to be prepared to go to considerable lengths in order to find reasons NOT to be asking for a notation editor from Cockos as a FR, and I don't really understand why.

Surely such questions as exactly how difficult it would be to add notation and whether it should be implemented natively or via extensions (or at all) are issues for the Cockos developers themselves to decide upon, and not for us to pre-empt (unless I've misunderstood something and some of you have inside information to which the rest of us are not privvy)?

Rather than continue to proffer reasons to avoid asking for a notation editor, why can't we just add notation to the list and leave it up to the devs to decide for themselves if, whether, when and how to implement it?

Last edited by Xasman; 06-24-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Xasman is offline   Reply With Quote