View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 05:10 PM   #13
Mind Riot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCurtis View Post
Any valid update on this or valid download links.

I am currently looking to upgrade one of my old PCs to a new PC with either windows 8 or 7, 64 bit, can I still use my Emu-1820m with these OS systems?

any replies with help appreciated...

Cheers

Jim

--------------------
http://www.jimcpettigrew.com
I was a long time 1616PCI user on my old DAW running XP, and I used the beta drivers when I built my new one running 7/64. It developed loud crackles and pops that I couldn't get rid of no matter what I did. Uninstalling, reinstalling, using different PCI slots, searching for resource conflicts, every setting tweak imaginable, I tried everything to no avail. I finally had to buy myself a new interface, which I did NOT want to do. I loved the 1616, it was a great piece of hardware (and still is, just not on my machine).

But as others have noted, many have made it work with 7 with no problems. So I attribute the failure to my PC's incompatibility or my inability to find the problem.

So I hope it works out for you, I just thought I'd share my experience. One thing I will note, though, is that the latest iteration of the beta drivers didn't work for me at all and I had to go with an earlier version to get things to work at all. If the one you get doesn't work I might still have the one that worked for me sitting on a USB drive somewhere around here and I could get it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
http://support.creative.com/Products...e+Professional

Edit: Sorry, looks like that's only for Vista/XP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
That link IS the beta that everyone has been using & it does/did work with 7 on my computer
Yeah, 7 wasn't even out yet when they stopped working on those. That's how far back we're going; they're 64 bit drivers but originally written for Vista, which is why it's not guaranteed that they'll work for everybody on 7/8. We're in Vintage interface territory here.
Mind Riot is offline   Reply With Quote