View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 05:39 AM   #3
Eliseat
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell
2) Intermodulation:

The signal is split in a high and a low band. The high band can be modulated by either of Amplitude- or Frequency/Phase Modulation
- the modulator can be either the LF signal directly or the rectified LF signal or the rectified LF signal run through a Low pass filter
- the modulator signal an be delayed by a positive or negative amount (obviously this plugin produces some latency)

- Motivation: the amplitude modulation corresponds to certain kinds of nonlinearity of electronic devices. The Frequency/Phase modulation corresponds to "Shock Waves" by non-linear behavior of e.g. air: different speed of sound waves with different pressure.

(I already did a Frequency/Phase modulator JSFX that can be used here. See ReaPack.)
Hi,

I don't get it. Does it add imperfections? I loaded 10 of your delay modulators to a track and i noticed nothing.

Of course there are many influences of hardware devices that really just add a little bit of inaccuracies and sum up to a more "printed" sound. I often noticed how my own DAT recordings from the 90ies sound wonderful crisp and warm while the mixes weren't as good as today. The fun thing is, back then everybody wanted digital clearness but just to realize how cold and soulless it finally sounded.
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote