View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #312
buckman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
Well, using external apps to perform processings can be a decent solution but it all depends on various factors. Maybe someone is doing some sound design/composition where creating pitch bend processed sounds is 90% of the work. Would they want to launch and use an external app for each sound needed (there could be hundrends or thousands of sounds needed) instead of doing it all inside Reaper? (Note I am not speaking of the pitch shifting that is possible with the take pitch envelopes, but varispeed/resampled processing which the take envelopes don't do.)...
Agree 100%..

Also the same with inline editing, processing and Area Selection - I don't want to have to open an ext editor to edit directly, maybe tens of little files and add fx and update the waveforms.

This i think is why its needed. I lose the the flow if I keep flipping back and forth between an editor.

Reaper is so close I can't believe this has been left off.

Here's hoping its a Xmas present from Cockos I am looking at PT10 for an all in one editor, processor and DAW for editing in the timeline, (It still can't touch Reaper though but secretly hoping that if Cockos do this to v4, that I'd end up laughing at PT as Reaper would do this and more! So i won't need it...

Last edited by buckman; 12-04-2011 at 09:56 AM.
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote