Old 12-03-2019, 02:35 AM   #4
todoublez
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nait View Post
Are you trolling? lol
sry for let u feeling that way..
no,I'm not trolling,
but I must confess I'm totally noob at digital hardware world.
This is the 1st time I'm building a Hackintosh.
I'm not a technology export so I must ask b4 I bought something wrong even it is obvious or stupid quetion. lol

Quote:
You'd be hard pressed finding much better to work with than that processor or a Ryzen 9 3900X.
yes, AMD very impressed me too, it has high performance, friendly tempature and the price is really affordable if u compare it with 9900ks
,the reason why I didn't pick that one is becuz it's not compatible with Mac system.
I need them work with both system Mac&PC

Quote:
I'd say just as important though is an audio interface with reliable drivers. I'd recommend RME.
Yeah I heard so many ppl recommand me RME, I'll definitly have to give it a shot for sure ! Which series u recommand the most ?

Quote:
I wonder what the rest of your PC looks like too, as there may be good reason to dial back the CPU a bit and use that savings to improve something else, like drive speed or memory, for example.

this is what my previous Mac look like:

CPU - 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
RAM - 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
GPU - AMD FirePro D300 2 GB
DRIVE - 1T SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
single core speed is king for audio... once something is routed through something else, it means that it has to be processed serially (almost always on the same core), and extra cores will be little to no help. In most demanding production scenarios you will find one core is always struggling more, and once it starts buckling then it's irrelevant how many extra unused cores you've got.

If you are never using groups/busses, FX on the master bus (or even lots of FX on one track) or busy sends, then it's not as much of an issue. But most people are doing one or ALL of these. Check these links if you want a fuller understanding of this subject.

Recently I just learned that audio processing is very depanding on single core CPU's performance.
So I tried my best to get a best CPU I can find in the market.
and this is what I found : i9 9900KS. (seemed a lil bit better than the 9900K)

What I'm worried the most is :

I don't really understand how the multi-core processing works in Reaper,
so even I get a SUPERPOWER CPU I wouldn't get a perfect result without knowing how to adjust a perfect configuration at the Reaper preference.

I'm a former PT user, so without changing too much of my workflow, I usually end up working with complex folder layers.
like a subfolder contained many nested folders.
and usually I do heavy processing on the foldrs like a normal buss processing in PT.

these are my main problem.
and I hope someone can guide me lil bit, I would be very appreciated.

Last edited by todoublez; 12-03-2019 at 02:42 AM.
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote