View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #436
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post

Why not keep some stuff totally 'native'? 3rd party softwares are otherwise essential -right? no?
Also think cockos are doing an incredible job maintaining the amount already on offer-the list of features and functions is huge if totalled!..but-- this is not an excuse for stuff that plain needs fixing__ as they do come as part of default installer...>yo? // no?
Who quite knows what these guyz have in mind..... hold tight i reckon.. future looks very promising.
I just think it's too much work. I think with programming, sometimes getting something 90% of the way there is easy enough. Then getting all these details, and little exceptions, and little features all becomes a shitload of work. One of the reasons I think cockos is able to do so much, is because of the way they choose to implement features. They are pretty smart about it, and accept certain limitations sometimes. Other companies I think are more goal oriented, where they want a certain result, look, and features, that some higher up execs wanted, and then you have the programming teams that just need to make it happen, whatever it takes, basically. I think it's a bit more complex than that, but that's the gist.

Cockos isn't like that though. It's the programmers that decide what they do, knowing how their software works, and what will be relatively easy and what will be relatively difficult, even if programming always ends up a little more complicated than you'd think because of the chain of the way things interact, and because of exceptions you might want, but dont' really notice as an exception because seems obvious to you, and people, but computers only do exactly what you tell them.

So, I suspect that this feature was implemented so that they had something, and they made it as well as they could, having taken other things into consideration, and it's really kind of a low priority thing at this point, but would cost a lot of resources to take further.

I mean, that's all speculation on my part, but from having been around reaper for a while, that's the way the business seems to work, to me.

I think that's why reaper is so small in filesize too, because it's just really efficiently designed. And that might make it a little less beautiful looking sometimes, but that's a good corner to cut, imo.