View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 07:08 PM   #18
panicaftermath
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish View Post
Mock-up:

And that would propagate to the ME and notation. It's just the kind of project init I'd expect to find in project settings. In fact, I recall looking for it there when I started using the notation pre-releases and saw discrepancies between how key sigs and note names were displayed.

It's funny what a big difference labeling has. The "Key" checkbox in the ME, which when checked opens two dropdowns for entering key details, seems like it should be specifying the key, given the label, the content of the dropdowns, and the fact that it appears in a note-oriented window. So when those expectations aren't met, something seems wrong.

But in fact, it's not a "Key" checkbox, but a "Snap to key" checkbox. In retrospect, it's obvious. And having that pointed out (#7), everything else starts falling into place.

Somewhat similar to how colors and tinting operate in the TCP, there are too many shades of gray in the piano roll for them to be read easily.

What if grayed out keys, both white and black, had the same coloring effect, eg, a light crosshatch, so that they looked the same, and appeared as more clearly recessed "dead" zones.
panicaftermath is offline   Reply With Quote