View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 12:08 PM   #326
Mr. Data
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroneris View Post
Hello. I'm posting on REAPER forum for the first time... (getting nervous)

I make a Japanese LangPack and research how it's used.
Major matters for beginners seem that they meet an "Error installing language pack!" alert, and I find that it sometimes result from the above subject matter.
An username of PC can have multibyte characters because he/she is a Japanese, then the resource path becomes multibyted like "C:\Users\花子\AppData\Roaming\REAPER" and it causes errors.
This issue also occurs in portable installation mode. If the portable path has multibyte characters (e.g. "H:\リーパー"), the same error appears when d&d a LangPack file to apply.
I'm happy as a Japanese REAPER user if it's fixed.

Then, is this an "issue with localizing" to post here?
Hi Phroneris,

welcome to the Reaper forums!
There's absolutely no reason to get nervous!
Most of the people here are very kind and willing to help whenever they can.

I really don't know whether it's a Windows or a Reaper problem, but I reckon it might be the latter, 'cos inside the language packs themselves these problems occur in other languages like German, French or Polish as well, where special characters only used in these languages appear and these are shown faulty in some cases, although installation of the langpacks is no problem in these languages.

I'd propose to emphasize this problem as often as you can, so it gets resolved at some point. But regrettably localization isn't really high on the developers' agenda at the moment, so be patient!

However: great you're here!

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 08-31-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Mr. Data is offline   Reply With Quote