View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #75
sl23
Human being with feelings

Hi Never,

Thanks for the reply and indeed the offer of help
Really appreciate it.

Yes I suppose GLYPH is a good a term as any.
I will indeed start a new thread, but first, the answers to your questions...

1. I don't have photoshop. Looked at GIMP many times over the years and it's a bit too much for my needs. I took another look yesterday and it's a bit daunting trying to learn that! So my choice has always been Paint.Net.

2.I've had Inkscape for many years, but again never used it as it's a bit too much. I was mainly intent on only using this app for one thing, but tbh, I could probably do away with it and use PDN. I made a mod mockup of the electribe EMX1/EMS1 hybrid and sent to Korg in the hope they might add some of the features. I made the mockup in 2005 using Serif DrawPlus v5. I wanted to redo it but never got around to it!

3. I have used Knobman in it's various guises for making knobs for MuLab. Very easy to use for basic stuff, can get complex though. I made some nice Korg electribe first gen knobs in black that are transparent. They work quite well.

4. Never used Knobman3D or Skinman. But 3D isn't what I'm after, just plain, flat n simple graphics.

5. Hmm, think I had this, will have to check. Is this it? I have it.

6. My text editor of choice for many years is SynWrite. It is a fully fledged programmers Notepad, though I'm only a pretty basic user of it really.

7. Not sure what you mean by having a browser open to the SDK? The two pages, which are they exactly?

8. Already have it.

9. Already have it.

10. What did you want me to do about the stickies? Open them in Tabs or read them? Already read them.

I must point out that all I am attempting is to redesign the icons for all buttons, ie, the GLYPH's. Not to recreate a theme. Saying that, there are some minor adjustments I would like to make to the theme.

Ok. I will now start a new topic and await further instructions

Thanks again for your tremendous generosity in offering to help