View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 06:49 AM   #3
MRMJP
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I do suppose that Reaper can be configured to be a mastering Tool that better meets your taste by an appropriate theme / layout definition and some installed scripts.
Maybe, but there are still some critical things missing or way too clumsy to use on a daily basis.

I think if REAPER made more user friendly starting point similar to Studio One V3 mastering project mode, or WaveLab montage, they would see more mastering engineers using it exclusively.

I see so many posts about people that tried to use REAPER for mastering but gave up. It took me 3 or 4 serious efforts attempting to use REAPER to get to the point I'm at but I still don't think it's quite there to be a definitive mastering app, maybe OK for the mix engineer that makes a few masters a year and is OK with the current state.

Though it sounds like more work, I truly feel that using more than one app (REAPER and WaveLab) gets the job done faster and more accurately, as well as allowing for more flexibility for alternate formats is the better option at this point. Others use HOFA CD Burn & DDP where I use WaveLab but the theory is the same.