View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 09:26 AM   #24
E.P.D. Gaffney
Human being with feelings

Hi, I'm not absolutely positive this is the right place to post this but since the update, I've had serious problems with playback. The whole system just overloads and I need to hit the panic button. In fact, I don't even need to be playing it back, now that I think of it. If there's no sound playing when it happens, it just acts frozen until I hit the panic button.

I haven't tried much that was super intense for a while now (so I'm not certain it's a brand new problem), but in this case, we're just talking about 4 ReaSynth MIDI tracks and a couple of vocal tracks with no effects, and it doesn't even need to be playing.

When I did start recording more vocal tracks and adding effects, it really didn't seem to change the frequency at which this occurred, nor did adding virtual instruments or changing any settings.

I run Reaper and all MIDI software from an SSD, I have 16GB of RAM, and my CPU is an AMD FX-8320.

In any case, I've experienced stuff like crackles and dropouts when my rig should be able to handle it, but this is new to me.
E.P.D. Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote