Old 02-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #115
sws
Code Monkey

Alright, big snapshot update for you:

Reliable saving/restoring of track sends
New resolution dialog when sends are recalled with a missing recv track
New copy/paste feature with merge dialog
"Snapshot details" feature to print exact contents of a snapshot

The best part of this (IMO) is the ability to copy/paste snapshots.

Let's say you record a band; they play 3 songs in a row. You do a rough mix, then copy the single project into 3 separate projects for mixing. You mix song #1, like your settings, so you want to copy those to the next two projects. Now you can!

First, select the tracks you want to copy.
In the Snapshots window (View->SWS Snapshots), choose items you want to snapshot, probably "Full mix" or maybe just "FX".
Right click on the track, select SWS Snapshots and choose "Copy new snapshot (selected track(s))"
Open song #2's project. Right click on the track, and select SWS Snapshots -> Paste snapshot.
A window appears (below) where you can choose
1) What tracks to apply
2) Where the settings go in the new project
3) What settings to apply

Often the defaults will be just fine, but there are a lot of possibilities here!

Right click on the track names in the above window to change the source/destination.

It's also possible to paste settings from the same track to multiple other tracks - just click "Add" in the paste dialog and choose different destination tracks for the same source track.

I've tried to make the "paste" as versatile as possible. Let me know if I missed something, or you have a question as to how it works!

Tim
sws is offline   Reply With Quote