View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 06:58 PM   #39
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdis View Post
Thank you for looking into this Justin; actually, I didn't noticed that the item had a media start offset, but I'm 100% sure I never changed it in this project (neither I can remember a single time I did it in my entire Reaper usage life :-)), so I think it happened by itself, after moving items and/or time signatures/regions. I really hope you can fix this.

Regarding the other issue in my report, you can see that when I try to extend/reduce the time signature, apparently nothing changes, and I have to insert/remove space to make the measure as long as desidered, shifting the subsequents items and markers to the correct place. Now, wouldn't it better if, when changing time sigs, all of this could be done automatically? I think it would be more intuitive, and similar to various notation editors behaviour, where the subsequents measures shift back and forth seamlessy and transparently when you change a measure's time signature. Eventual items of the same length as the measure could be truncated at the end (not glued) when shortening the time sig, or the necessary space added after them (not looping them) when extending the time sig.

Sorry for the duplicated, didn't noticed that :-)
Did you ever split the item? That could create the offset. In any case, I'll look at if we can make it autodetect when it has an offset that would be better treated as 0 (very close to the source length)...

Fixing the behavior of insert/remove time in project so that they make the timemap happier (creating shorter partial measures) -- there was actually code written to do that, but it didn't seem to be working right. Here's one of my (many) tests:

Justin is offline   Reply With Quote